HAIR CARE GUIDE
DETANGLING: When detangling your Keese Chanel Extensions always start from the bottom gradually working your way to the top. With our Curly and Wavy extensions always wet the hair prior to detangling to avoid hair from frizzing. DETANGLING TOOLS RECOMMENDED: Large paddle brush, Denman Brush (great for curly hair), & a Plastic wide tooth comb.
SHAMPOOING & CONDITIONING: It is recommended that you shampoo and condition your Keese Chanel extensions every 1-2 weeks. Instructions:
- Step 1: Prior to washing your extensions, be sure to completely detangle it, brushing out all of the knots.
- Step 2: Wet hair with warm water.
- Step 3: Shampoo hair with a quarter size amount of shampoo. When shampooing your hair DO NOT RUB HAIR AGGRESSIVELY BETWEEN YOUR HANDS, you will cause it to tangle or matte! Gently message shampoo into the hair for about 5-10 until you see a lather. The recommended Plastic Wide Tooth Comb can also be used to assist you.
- Step 4: Rinse the shampoo with warm water. QUICK TIP: Warm water helps open the cuticle and prepares the hair for the next step.
- Step 5: Apply a generous amount of conditioner, run your fingers through the hair from the top down. Comb hair completely through with a wide tooth comb and scrunch the ends of the hair with conditioner. Let conditioner sit for approximately 10-15 mins before rinsing.
- Step 6: Completely rinse the conditioner out using warm water.
- Step 7: Gently pat dry with a towel and let the hair air dry. If your extensions aren't installed you can hang dry them to naturally air dry. DO NOT rub the hair to dry it this will damage the hair. For best results, apply a generous amount of leave-in conditioner every week.
DEEP CONDITIONING: It is recommend to perform a deep conditioning treatment at least once a month to ensure the longevity of your extensions.
**Recommended Shampoos: Shea Moisture, Silicone Mix, Joico: Moisture Recovery, Its A 10 Miracle Shampoo plus Kertain, Paul Mitchell Rare Marula Oil Replenishing Shampoo, Paul Mitchell, Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger moisturizing lather shampoo, Organix (all of their shampoos are great) &One 'n Only Argan Oil Moisture Shampoo.
**Recommended Conditioners: Shea Moisture, Silicone Mix, Joico: Moisture Recovery, Its A 10 Miracle Conditioner plus Kertain, Paul Mitchell Rare Marula Oil Replenishing Conditioner , Paul Mitchell, Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger moisturizing Conditioner , Organix (all of their conditioners are great) &One 'n Only Argan Oil Moisture Conditioner.
**Recommended Products for curly hair styling: Paul Mitchell Curls Twirl Around Crunch-Free Curl Definer, Carols Daughter Hair Milk Refresher Spray, Carols Daughter, & Organix Quenching Coconut Curls -curl styling milk.
STYLING WITH HOT TOOLS: When styling with hot tools be sure to use to a silicone based serum prior to styling.
SLEEPING: Never sleep on wet hair! Sleeping on wet hair will cause tangling and matting.
WAVY TEXTURE: I recommend braiding your hair at night to keep wavy pattern & prevent frizz.
CURLY TEXTURE: I recommend put you hair in 2 strand twist to enhance the curls & prevent frizz.
Wrap you hair at night using a silk bonnet, scarf, or simply by sleeping on a silk pillow case to maintain the natural oils in your hair & allowing for less friction between your hair and other surfaces such as a cotton sheet or pillowcase.